Let’s face it, Australia is a great place to live. This fact does not go un-noticed by many overseas visitors. We are regularly approached by individuals and families who have been, or continue to be involved, in a long established business in an overseas jurisdiction, who are keen to migrate to Australia.
Over 30% of Australia’s population were not born in Australia. We have witnessed a significant increase in migrants from the Asia Pacific region in recent years, with many migrants going on to achieve their dreams in Australia.
For some, the means of being able to migrate may necessitate the acquisition of a business. For others, it may involve some form of sponsorship, investment into nominated Australian based assets or other avenues.
Business Skills Migration
We’ve generally found that once bitten by the bug of business ownership, it’s a difficult habit to shake, and it’s important to start off on the right foot.
Our clients inform us the key to their success in this area is to have the right support team around you. This includes:
- Lawyers and
- Migration Agents
All with knowledge and reach into both the Australian market and the jurisdiction from where individuals may be migrating from.
The key considerations include :
- Understanding the visa options, eligibility criteria and timescales
- Understanding the differences in the Australian economy, culture, legal and tax systems
- Undertaking appropriate due diligence when acquiring a business
- Knowing the best structure in which to acquire the business
- Having a solid strategy by which you will then develop the business to achieve your goals
The MSI Global Alliance gruup is uniquely placed to offer the above with a mix of accounting, tax and legal specialists across multiple jurisdictions. For more information or support, contact a member of our team.