Technology has advanced in recent years, but small business do not seem to have caught on. The most benefits come to businesses that have payroll which has complexities – multiple locations, different shifts, part and full-time, multiple awards, multiple allowances and so on.
Some of the key features of “Deputy” software include:
- Ability to fully cost a shift or pay period before publishing – never go over budget
- Approval of timesheets that then post into payroll software
- Direct sync with employee pay rates in payroll software
- Employees can self-manage their leave and availability that once approved automatically syncs with scheduling.
- Offer open shifts to either selected employees or your entire workforce with one tap. You can even allow your employees to swap shifts. All done within the app with no more phone calls.
- Improve accountability by using theDeputy Mobile geolocation capability or the Deputy Kiosk’s face detection to ensure your employees are where they should be, every shift.
- Integrate POS data and live weather feed to identify peaks and troughs of sales/foot traffic and create your schedule accordingly.
- Deputy calculates overtime, penalty rates, loadings & salary costing with every shift according to your local laws, or your own workplace agreements. Pay based on day of the week, time worked, specific department, area of work and even job classification.
- Ability to recognise employee events, communicate via news feeds, sms, create & assign tasks, allow staff to show availability for shifts,
- One of the killer features of integration of Deputy with say Xero is the ability to embed the terms of your employees’ award/s, so you do not have to look them up again or make a mistake!
So if you have not reviewed your rostering and payroll software, then time to explore cloud software options. Saving time and avoiding mistakes has a real value. Not all Accountants or bookkeepers are up-to-date with cloud technologies, so consult one that has experience.